From: Nuno Silva (nuno.silva_at_vgertech.com)
Date: Fri 23 Aug 2002 - 03:05:08 BST

Paul Sladen wrote:

[snip..]

> I believe Nuno's image starts SSH on a weird port, so you'll probably want
> to fix that before use--again, by using an editor on `etc/ssh/sshd_config'.

yes, port 22222
one should do: ssh -l root -p 22222 x.y.z.w

this can make things easier if you have sshd in the main server on
0.0.0.0:22/tcp ;) and it's easy to modify, as you said.

>>/usr/lib/vserver/capchroot: relocation error: /lib/libnss_compat.so.2:
>>symbol _nss_files_parse_pwent, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file
>>libc.so.6 with link time reference

[snip..]

> My take is that it is a glibc versioning problem, checking/updating the
> versions in use in the image may cure it. Has anyone (apart from Nuno! :-)
> had success, or failure with this latest 0.20 skeleton image?

That's mean!! (joking!! ehehehe)

I think it's a problem with the main server. That's why i advised to
recompile the vserver-utils.tgz. AFAICT that message is echoed when
trying to execute capchroot (in the main server).

Regards,
Nuno Silva

> -Paul

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:42 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3