From: BrandonHoult (BrandonHoult_at_netscape.net)
Date: Fri 23 Aug 2002 - 16:21:38 BST

Oh heck... so how did you get vserver to work with debian? I messed
with it for a week, and never could get it working. Did you compile
from the source? Did you install xinetd, and did you have to change all
the v_ stuff in /etc/init.d? I finally seem to have it working on
redhat 7.3, but I am getting pretty irritated with redhat already. I
guess I will have to install debian again and start over, but I wish I
knew what I screwed up. If you could briefly describe the install
process I would appreciate it.

Brandon.

Guillaume Plessis wrote:

> Hi! (bonjour)
>
> I've successfully installed the last release of vserver on several
> debian woody. It works well without modifying the scripts. Good work :)
>
> I compiled my kernel with lvm, ext3 and reiserfs (and so on...) and
> when I have to install a new vserver, I create a new logical volume
> with a reiserfs filesystem. Reiserfs and lvm allow me to limit the
> disk usage and to resize the logical volume while I'm working on it.
> But I've never tried to resize it when the attached vserver was up...
>
> Is it possible to do such a thing whitout to crash the vserver? I
> don't know how the kernel manage the dedicaced-to-vserver disk space
> because of the pseudo fstab.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Guillaume

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:42 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3