From: Dennis Schoen (ds_at_teuto.net)
Date: Tue 10 Sep 2002 - 09:57:45 BST

Hi all,

I've a problem with the vrpm wrapper and the permissions on
/vservers .

The secure permissions on /vservers should be:

d--------- 6 root root 152 Sep 5 11:10 vservers

right?

But if I try to run the vrpm wrapper I get:

[root_at_vserver root]# vrpm vtest1 -- -qa
Updating server vtest1
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Permission denied (13)

Thats because rpm can't access it's database.

If I set the permissions to:

d--x------ 6 root root 152 Sep 5 11:10 vservers

it works, but when I enter the vserver I get:

/vservers/vtest1/.. has insecure permissions.
A vserver administrator may be able to visit the root server.
To fix this, do
         chmod 000 /vservers/vtest1/..
do it anytime you want, even if vservers are running.

Any clue how this is supposed to work?

Thanks
  Dennis

--
... [it is] something unearthly ... If there are sentient
beings on other planets, then they play Go.

- Emanuel Lasker, chess grandmaster