From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Tue 10 Sep 2002 - 22:00:58 BST

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:57:45 -0500, Dennis Schoen wrote
> Hi all,
>
> I've a problem with the vrpm wrapper and the permissions on
> /vservers .
>
> The secure permissions on /vservers should be:
>
> d--------- 6 root root 152 Sep 5 11:10 vservers
>
> right?

Yes this is a known issue. For now, you have to open /vservers to use vrpm
and close it later.

vrpm switches to the proper security context when it executes its rpm options
(upgrade). This way, if some scripts are executed by the package, they are executed
in the proper world and do not impact the root server.

To fix this, I must enhance the kernel a little.