From: Per R Laursen (per_at_prl.dk)
Date: Thu 12 Sep 2002 - 14:33:34 BST

On Thursday 12 September 2002 15:07, you wrote:
> do you have anything entered in the /etc/vserver/v1.sh file?
> What's the output right after you entered vserver v1 start on the
> command line?
>
> I get something like:
> Starting the virtual server jco1
> Server jco1 is not running
> ipv4root is now 80.239.136.143
> Host name is now jco.mpex.net
> Domain name is now
> New security context is 73
>
> Since I don't have anything in the /etc/vserver/jco1.sh script, there's
> nothing started. The only thing that is set, is the ip address.

We got the same problem ;-)

If you set ONBOOT=yes in /etc/vservers/v1.conf then 'v1' probably starts
at boot. And you will get a proper output when running 'vserver v1
status' after boot at the console as root at the main server.

If you try 'vserver v1 stop' v1 stops and the virtual net if is deleted as
well. But if you try to start it again with 'vserver v1 start' you got
the output as in 'jco1' but no server is startet, the virtuel net if is
startet.

Well, thats the syptoms if we got the same we can try 'things' :)

My idea is that all the .sh is made for RH and therefore not working for
SuSE. Well, i think it's ours problem :)

I am seeking a solution, and if it is nessesary i will make new scripts
thats not distribution dependent.

Kind regards

Per R Laursen

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:42 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3