From: kint_at_x-tincted.net
Date: Wed 02 Oct 2002 - 04:49:30 BST

I went to edonkey2000.com and clicked on the download link.
There are windows and linux versions on it. I believe the 35.16.61 you saw
is a windows version.

Under Linux downloads, there are a few, namely
Command line client v16.16.59
Statically Compiled Commandline Client 16.16.59 (this is what I downloaded)
eDonkey Linux Server v16.39
Core Controller(Java) v1.1.2
Core Controller(C) v.1
(I'm basically typing out the webpage here)

This is basically the command I use to start it under a secure context.
/usr/sbin/chbind --ip 192.168.0.1 \
        /usr/sbin/chcontext --secure --flag lock --flag nproc \
        /usr/lib/vserver/save_s_context /var/run/vservers/edonkey.ctx \
        /usr/lib/vserver/capchroot --nocapchroot . \
        /home/kint/edonkey /bin/donkey_s auto - !

note, I missed out the some addition commands like setuidgid so that the
executable is not run under root. (I usually run my vservers under daemontools)