From: John P. Eisenmenger (jpe_at_eisenmenger.org)
Date: Mon 04 Nov 2002 - 18:16:49 GMT

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Burak wrote:

> > I believe the answer was to: RTFM on how to tell the daemon (in it's own
> > application-specific way) to listen on an alternative IP address.
> >

> Paul you do not understand my problem, it is easy for deamon to bind() any
> ip address if the ip is specific to the vserver, but it is impossible to use
> connect() somewhere except the main ip address of the vserver.

A client can bind() as well, but most do not since they do not care what
their source address and port are. If you are wanting to start a client
bound to a specific IP, then perhaps you should wrap it with chbind to
select a vserver IP other than the primary. I don't know if this is
allowed within a vserver, but it'd be worth a shot...

-John

--
John P. Eisenmenger
jpe_at_eisenmenger.org