From: Jon Bendtsen (jon+vserver_at_silicide.dk)
Date: Thu 07 Nov 2002 - 14:05:30 GMT

Paul Sladen wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 04:15:51PM -0800, Cathy Sarisky wrote:
> > > it becomes ssh-able again for a few moments during the shutdown process.
> > I *really* wish this server wasn't in a data center across the country!
>
> You're not the only one. My other problem is that I don't own any other
> fast Intel stuff, other my colo'ed stuff and I haven't got the where-
> with-all to run duplicate development setups here. (Or even any development
> setups at all...)

I get occasionaly lockups on mine, so i recently upgraded to
2.4.19 and the lastest ctx, but that didnt help.

A more pressing problem is that the samba daemon i run on it
dies when i beat it up. I've considered switching to NFS since
i'm the only user of that server, but it is on another network :/
so people could access a NFS server.

Does anyone have any idea why samba dies ?

JonB

Generated on Thu 07 Nov 2002 - 14:58:00 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3