From: Mark Holm (mark.holm_at_inherent.com)
Date: Tue 03 Dec 2002 - 19:50:19 GMT

Problems with semaphores in apache

I know that his may sound like a newbie question but I'm stuck and cannot find the reason for this.

I am running version 18 of the SW and am trying to configure an apache web server to use SSL. I have installed WebMin as a configuration manager and was trying to get my key setting correct when I started getting the following error messages every time I try and start apache:

Starting httpd: Ouch! ap_mm_create(1048576, "/var/run/httpd.mm.1659") failed
Error: MM: mm:core: failed to acquire semaphore (No space left on device): OS: Invalid argument
[FAILED]

I'm not out of space and can't find any inappropriate permissions on /var/run to keep it from creating the semaphore file. Is this a problem caused by the vserver extensions and if so how to I clear the condition?

Also, there used to be a section in the documentation or on the source site detailing upgrade procedures to add the latest version of the SW to a running system. I can't find it any more could somebody tell me what I need to watch out for if I install the latest versions of everything and try to move forward with my existing sites?

Thanks!

        markh

======-----  ://F2 new technology for real integration -----========
Mark A. Holm - Director of Network Engineering & Operations
Inherent.com, Inc.
2140 SW Jefferson St.             Phone: (503) 224-6751
   Suite 200                              extension 236
Portland, OR 97201                  Fax: (503) 224-8872
<
http://www.inherent.com>       <mailto:markh@inherent.com>

Generated on Fri 13 Dec 2002 - 03:49:14 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3