From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Tue 03 Dec 2002 - 20:15:54 GMT

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:06:01 -0500, Ola Lundqvist wrote
> forwarded 171488 vserver_at_solucorp.qc.ca
> thanks
>
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the report. I've forwareded this upstream.
>
> Regards,
>
> // Ola
>
> On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 04:13:21PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > Package: vserver
> > Version: 0.19-2
> > Severity: normal
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > The IPROOT variable allows the administrator to specify multiple network
> > interfaces for the virtual machine (see comments in /usr/sbin/vserver --
> > note that it is also a bug that this is not documented anywhere).

We need a man page called vserver.conf explaining the different fields.
Now to say it is not documented anywhere, well, it is in the configuration
file as generated by vserver and newvserver and it is on the web site.

But a man page in section 5 would be ok. Any taker ?

> However,
> > it does not allow the second and subsequent interfaces to have a netmask or
> > broadcast address different from the first. (Or different from IPROOTMASK
> > if specified.) It looks like a quick hack to the script should be able to
> > fix this.

Ok the IPROOT variable now supports

        IPROOT="[device:]ip[/netmask]

where things in [ ] are optional. The IPROOTDEV and IPROOTBCAST are used
to complete

When specifying the netmask, the broadcast is computed from the IP and netmask.

This will be in 0.22 today or tomorrow.