From: Lars Braeuer (lbraeuer_at_mpex.net)
Date: Wed 11 Dec 2002 - 10:04:29 GMT

I'm using suse vservers too, I had the same problem as described here.
maybe it would be good to put this in your faqs paul.

Paul Sladen wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Christian Jung wrote:
>
> >This is on a SuSE 7.0
> >when I fire up a vserver
>

> How did you create the vserver in the first place?
>

> >Does anybody know why the services like syslog etc
>

> What commands does `/vservers/NAME/etc/inittab' start?
>
> Is there a functioning `/etc/init.d/rc' or equivalent in the vserver's
> filesystem space?

that's the problem. suse does have a /etc/rc.d/rc script but it doesn't
work very well. so what I did is: I took an rc script from a debian
system, made a few changes and I worked fine. It should also work to
take an rc script from redhat.
the suse script make several calls that don't work in a vserver, so the
script doesn't execute correctly.

> >] vserver nxn service syslog start
> >Can't execute /sbin/service (No such file or directory)
>

> Isn't this Red Hat/djbware only?

right. /sbin/service is not present in the suse distruibution.

> >Or if there is some kind of a logfile that i missed?
>

> Is there anything in `/var/log/boot.log'.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> -Paul

Generated on Fri 13 Dec 2002 - 03:49:14 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3