From: Paul Sladen (vserver_at_paul.sladen.org)
Date: Wed 11 Dec 2002 - 09:22:25 GMT

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Christian Jung wrote:
> This is on a SuSE 7.0
> when I fire up a vserver

How did you create the vserver in the first place?

> Does anybody know why the services like syslog etc

What commands does `/vservers/NAME/etc/inittab' start?

Is there a functioning `/etc/init.d/rc' or equivalent in the vserver's
filesystem space?

Does SuSE even use a sysvinit setup (it's a long time since I've used it)?

Are you using `fakeinit', or `init.d/rc' booting?

> ] vserver nxn start
> [..ps listing..]

It doesn't look like the faked `init' process has started anything.

> ] vserver nxn service syslog start
> Can't execute /sbin/service (No such file or directory)

Isn't this Red Hat/djbware only?

> Or if there is some kind of a logfile that i missed?

Is there anything in `/var/log/boot.log'.

Hope that helps,

        -Paul

--
Nottingham, GB