From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 14 Jan 2003 - 15:18:01 GMT

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 05:49:46PM +0300, Lyashkov Alexey wrote:
> Hello Herbert,
>
> Tuesday, January 14, 2003, 5:22:26 PM, you wrote:
>
> HP> On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 01:53:41AM -0500, Adam H. Pendleton wrote:
> >> I was hoping to get the answer without having to provide that
> >> information, since I'm expecting that the vserver/kernel version is
> >> going to immediately be pointed to as the problem, but nevertheless, I
> >> am using the latest patches by Lyahkov Aleks, but they are currently
> >> unreleased by him, so they are still considered test patches. These
> >> patches are applied against 2.4.18-19.7.x, the latest RedHat 7.3
> >> kernel. I am in contact with Lyahkov to see if his patches may be to
> >> blame, but does anyone have any other ideas?
>
> HP> vserver-0.20 scripts?
> yes. i use it verion.

maybe but not necessarily this could be related to

 - vserver exec missing ulimits
 - vrpm missing chcontext

I would suggest to look for code which should be
executed 'within' a vserver context, but isn't and
this way affecting the physical server ...

in vserver-0.18 any sshd upgrade could disconnect
your machine from the network, because of the
badly designed pre/post install scripts and the
missing chcontext ...