From: Andreas Ljunggren (andreas_at_ljunggren.net)
Date: Tue 14 Jan 2003 - 18:05:35 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Herbert Poetzl" <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
To: <vserver_at_solucorp.qc.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: [vserver] Grandma got run over by newvserver

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 05:49:46PM +0300, Lyashkov Alexey wrote:
> > Hello Herbert,
> >
> > Tuesday, January 14, 2003, 5:22:26 PM, you wrote:

> > HP> vserver-0.20 scripts?
> > yes. i use it verion.
>
> maybe but not necessarily this could be related to
>
> - vserver exec missing ulimits
> - vrpm missing chcontext
>
> I would suggest to look for code which should be
> executed 'within' a vserver context, but isn't and
> this way affecting the physical server ...
>
> in vserver-0.18 any sshd upgrade could disconnect
> your machine from the network, because of the
> badly designed pre/post install scripts and the
> missing chcontext ...
>
> best,
> Herbert

I'we also tried the Aleks patched version, and I'm pretty sure it didn't
work as expected since I
had some similar problems as stated above.
Thou I tried chbind and verified that it did NOT work, thus the patch must
have failed somehow, even
thou process context where working.
I didn't look much at it, but rather switched straight over to a "vanilla +
vserver" kernel instead.

Regards
Andreas

Generated on Thu 16 Jan 2003 - 21:00:23 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3