From: Thomas Weber (x_at_4t2.com)
Date: Thu 23 Jan 2003 - 21:45:39 GMT

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 10:24:18PM +0100, vs_list_at_ezpi.net wrote:
> Well, this brings me to another question,
> How hard would it be to implement a per context time differense compared
> to systemwide clock.
> Thus a vserver could respond to ALL application including cron etc, that
> a server is under EST or CET or whatever,

it's already there.
run the hardware clock at UTC (GMT) and set the timezone for every timeserver
as you like (timeconfig on redhat).

> As well as putting a slight delay (5-30 seconds) between every vserver
> to reduce this 04:05 system halt :)

better adjust the crontab in the vservers to run these tasks at diffrent times.
of course it will run at different times for vservers in diffrent timezones.

  Tom

Generated on Thu 23 Jan 2003 - 22:01:19 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3