From: Christian (chth_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon 03 Feb 2003 - 15:48:55 GMT

On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 10:59:34 +0100 (CET)
Debby <debby_at_aachenconsulting.de> wrote:

> (1)
> Does anybody know if and how-to unify several Debian-vserver?

Some time ago i announced here that i'm planning to write a univeral unify
tool.
Now i'am really working on it, be patient. (Consider to feed me when you
want it soon :)

> service. (2)
> The main server has to have all the IP-numbers (?) and ONLY these
> IP-numbers can be assigned to the versvers? Can I have two vservers with
> the smae IP-number but with different URIs (like: www.server1.lan
> www.server2.lan on one IP-number: 192.168.0.111)? Do I have to build an
> ipfilter on the main server for this?

run some proxy in front of the real webservers which redirects the
requests.
Another solution could be to run only one httpd and mount --bind
directories into its exports.

the ipfilter thing would be rather complicated to implement, since the
netfilter stuff needs to fake the tcp handshake and delay it until the
real host is known.

Greetings Christian

Generated on Mon 03 Feb 2003 - 16:37:17 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3