From: Eje Gustafsson (Macahan_at_fament.com)
Date: Fri 21 Feb 2003 - 23:13:42 GMT

JS> At 16:52 on Fri 21/02/03, sam_at_vilain.net masquerading as 'Sam Vilain' wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 06:16, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>> > hmm, maybe you could elaborate a little bit
>> > on your plans regarding the "operation"
>>
>> Allow me. They set up with FreeVSD, and are now balking at FreeVSD turning
>> to ProVSD and asking for money.

JS> Rather than setting up _with_ FreeVSD, we developed it and GPL'd it.

JS> At some point a separate (related?) company developed ProVSD (before my
JS> time with DSVR so I not sure as to the exact sequence of events). But
JS> they also maintained FreeVSD alongside ProVSD.

maintained is the important key word. They are no only developing the
ProVSD version and just use the FreeVSD version to lure customer into
the ProVSD version.

JS> We've maintained our own in house version and are only looking at the
JS> s_Context kernel patch to boost security. (The userland side would be
JS> unneccessary disruption.)

JS> Jonathan

Best regards,
 Eje Gustafsson mailto:MacAhan_at_fament.com

---
The Family Entertainment Network      http://www.fament.com
Phone : 620-231-7777                  Fax   : 620-231-4066
eBay UserID : macahan
          - Your Full Time Professionals -

--- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]

Generated on Fri 21 Feb 2003 - 23:38:56 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3