From: Jonathan Sambrook (jonathan.sambrook_at_dsvr.co.uk)
Date: Fri 21 Feb 2003 - 11:41:36 GMT

At 16:52 on Fri 21/02/03, sam_at_vilain.net masquerading as 'Sam Vilain' wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 06:16, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> > hmm, maybe you could elaborate a little bit
> > on your plans regarding the "operation"
>
> Allow me. They set up with FreeVSD, and are now balking at FreeVSD turning
> to ProVSD and asking for money.

Rather than setting up _with_ FreeVSD, we developed it and GPL'd it.

At some point a separate (related?) company developed ProVSD (before my
time with DSVR so I not sure as to the exact sequence of events). But
they also maintained FreeVSD alongside ProVSD.

We've maintained our own in house version and are only looking at the
s_Context kernel patch to boost security. (The userland side would be
unneccessary disruption.)

Jonathan

--

 Jonathan Sambrook
Software  Developer

Generated on Fri 21 Feb 2003 - 20:28:51 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3