From: Sam Vilain (sam_at_vilain.net)
Date: Fri 21 Feb 2003 - 23:33:45 GMT

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 07:58, DaveC wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 13:23, Sam Vilain wrote:
> > I have a preliminary patch for the Alan Cox kernel for vserver,
> > including O(1) scheduling.
> I'm going to try it on a smp box over the weekend. hope it won't explode
> in my hands ;-)

It shouldn't do; spinlocks are placed around every access to the new
structures I have set up.

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:57, Jonathan Sambrook wrote:
> How closely tied is this to the -ac patch?

Only because the -ac patch already has Ingo's O(1) scheduler in it.

--
Sam Vilain, sam_at_vilain.net

If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as long as I'm the dictator... - George W. Bush in Washington, DC, Dec 18, 2000, during his first trip to Washington as President-Elect

Generated on Fri 21 Feb 2003 - 23:54:03 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3