From: Martin List-Petersen (martin_at_list-petersen.dk)
Date: Mon 24 Feb 2003 - 14:07:32 GMT

Citat Christian Mayrhuber <christian.mayrhuber_at_gmx.net>:

A 403 forbidden means, that your apache is working, actually, but you don't have
any index.html and Indexing is disabled in you root web directory.

I could also be, that the user, your Apache runs under (usually www-data on
Debian) has no read-rights on you root web directory.

This has nothing to do with vserver.

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot dk

--
University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small.
		-- C. P. Snow

> I can't get apache in a vserver on a Debian PII Deschutes machine to run, > regardless of the resource I > request, apache returns "403 forbidden". > > If I start tomcat in the same vserver, bound on the same ip and port apache > should bind on it runs fine. > No web server is running in the root context. > If I copy the contents of the apache vserver to another vserver debian > machine (Athlon XP) it runs fine. > > NO errors are logged by apache, even with the loglevel set to debug, only the > access log shows the forbidden answer. > I tried the 2.4.20ctx-16 and 2.4.19ctx-14 kernels with the same result. > > Using strace shows the following: > > test:/# strace -e trace=file -p 8857 > stat64("/var/www", 0x80a18dc) = -1 EACCES (Permission denied) > > Which is very strange, because I set the access rights of /var/www to 0777 > and the user:group www-data:www-data. > > System information: > ============== > The filessystem is type ext2 (rw,errors=remount-ro). A filesystem check > showed no errors. > > cat /proc/cpuinfo > processor : 0 > vendor_id : GenuineIntel > cpu family : 6 > model : 5 > model name : Pentium II (Deschutes) > stepping : 2 > cpu MHz : 360.872 > cache size : 512 KB > fdiv_bug : no > hlt_bug : no > f00f_bug : no > coma_bug : no > fpu : yes > fpu_exception : yes > cpuid level : 2 > wp : yes > flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca > cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr > bogomips : 710.65 > > Any clues how to track that further down? > -- > lg, Chris > >

Generated on Mon 24 Feb 2003 - 14:39:56 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3