From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Sun 02 Mar 2003 - 22:21:15 GMT

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Jacques Gelinas wrote:

> I suggest you pick the kernel from ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4

Done.

> Unpack this in /usr/src/linux-2.4.20
> Create a link from /usr/src/linux -> /usr/src/linx-2.4.20
> Apply the ctx path
> Use the config-2.4.20 from the ftp site as a start to configure the kernel
> Compile it and install it and boot it.

I short circuited it and only compiled the modules, grabbed the natsemi.o
and move it to the 2.4.20ctx-16/kernel/drivers/net/ directory but now I'm
getting root file system errors. Was short circuiting the wrong thing to
do? I only added the natsemi driver to the .config file no other changes.
   Interesting thing I hadn't noticed earlier was all the labels for my
partitions have a 12 added to them. Therefore the line - in lilo.conf -
looks like this
        append="root=LABEL=/12"
which doesn't work.

I was hoping so much to say I'd succeeded but not joy here.

Any ideas as to the next step?

TIA,
Rod