From: Georges Toth (georges_at_norm.lu)
Date: Thu 20 Mar 2003 - 22:18:58 GMT

> Is there a Gentoo package maintainer (or is that portage maintainer?)
> for vserver?

ebuild maintainer...
na, not that i know of
(i got no time for that...if that would've been your next question :-) )

> <fireresist>I don't know if it's just me, but I perceive an
> increase in Gentoo users demanding that the rest of the world support
> 'their' distro which seems to be a horse/cart ordering
> issue.</fireresist>
> Less tetchily: could you expand on "unification doesn't work for gentoo"?

huh?
gentoo is just yet another distro, which is IMHO!! (no war plz) better than
anything else like RH, suse, mandr, deb, etc (bsd excluded..)
i just wrote that it annoys me that unification doesn't work....
...bcos those tools are mainly written for RH,... and deb? mandr? (-> rpm)
i have no clue how the current tools work, but i think it should be possible
to write a tool which would work on no matter what distro you run it on

> Could you expand on what you mean by 'doesn't work together'? Eg, do you
> mean problems with overlaying the patches or problems with the
> functionality once compiled?

:-D...
the patch doesn't "cleanly" work together with vserver+xfs (i use xfs..)
the kernel compiled without any complaints, and IIRC the server booted, but
vserver didn't work...and other stuff? can't remeber

--

regards, Georges Toth