From: DataKompaniet AS (torrunes_at_datakompaniet.no)
Date: Fri 25 Apr 2003 - 14:29:10 BST

Hi all, I finally managed to install newvserver on a SuSE8.1 distribution.

It seems to be a bug in the newvserver program. When I try to
create a new server by cloning '/', newvserver first creates the
/vservers/NameOfServer directory, and then wants to run
/usr/sbin/vserver NameOfServer build. However, this seems
to fail silently and no directories are cloned.

I tested this by modifying newvserver to stop av wait before running
the vserver command, and issued vserver manually in the shell with
the build option. It then just exits saying "NameOfServer already exists".

This seems to me to be a bug or "inconsistence" in how "build"
is presumed to work together with newvserver. Or have I misunderstood
something here?

Best regards
Tor Rune Skoglund
torrunes_at_datakompaniet.no

Generated on Fri 25 Apr 2003 - 15:00:57 BST by hypermail 2.1.3