From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Fri 09 May 2003 - 05:00:44 BST

On Fri, 2 May 2003 11:05:05 -0500, Jan Zuchhold wrote

> > * Pitfalls
>
> I don't know if it's possible at all, but I was not able to get some services
> running inside a vserver (Kernel-NFS, NIS, SMB (problems with locking)).

Kernel NFS does not work because it is not vserver aware at all. Since it is
IN the kernel, it will have to. I am using the userland NFS server unmodified
though.

NIS does work inside vservers, both NIS server and clients. Prior to ctx-17 there
were problems with ypbind in broadcast mode. I have not retested it though.

Samba works fine, but currently you have to turn off the oplock stuff. I
have several Samba server in production with all the win 9x, NT, 2000 and XP
clients. Our PDC is a vserver...