From: Paul Sladen (vserver_at_paul.sladen.org)
Date: Fri 09 May 2003 - 14:51:05 BST

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Mitchell Smith wrote:
> An interesting effect I noticed while doing this is that if I do a "df" in
> the new vserver it says "unable to read table of mounted filesystems"

`/etc/mtab' is normally a symlink to `/proc/mounts'. Delete it and fake it
with something like the following:

  $ cat /etc/mtab
  none /proc proc rw 0 0
  none /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
  root / none rw 0 0

Now `mount' and `df' will look reasonable. Or even better, use a properly
designed script that does all the other things like tidy out `/dev'.

        -Paul

--
War is inconsistent with Truth.  Nottingham, GB