From: Lars Braeuer (lbraeuer_at_mpex.net)
Date: Wed 02 Jul 2003 - 14:57:42 BST

Hi!

I haven't been able to try this out until now.

Just installed all of Herbert's quota patches and suidperl seems to work with
the effective uid now. The actual quota stuff is not completely working for me
though (editing a quota with edquota doesn't actually save the quota's for the
user).

I'm curious, is there a way to make that euid thing it work without having to
install the vquota patches? I'm talking about a standalone patch for that issue.
I tried looking for current->uid and patching it myself, but I didn't find all
the places where it has to be changed. Maybe someone can help me?

Lars

Paul Sladen wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, Lars Braeuer wrote:
>

>>is this just my fault or does "vserver <name> exec" remark that it's
>>run by a root suidperl script?
>

> I've just been reading Herbert's latest patches and I've just realised that
> in some places we are testing:
>
> current->uid == 0 (User ID)
>
> and in others:
>
> current->euid == 0 (Effective User ID)
>
> The latter is probably more correct. Needs looking at.
>
> -Paul

Generated on Wed 02 Jul 2003 - 15:32:41 BST by hypermail 2.1.3