From: Alexander Goeres (agoeres_at_lieblinx.net)
Date: Mon 21 Jul 2003 - 16:24:32 BST

Hi everybody!

When trying to stop a vserver with "vserver xxx stop" I sometimes get the
following message:

init: timeout opening/writing control channel /dev/initctl

The relevant vserver refuses to stop. You can enter it and you can do a
"vserver xxx start", but the vserver has lost his hostname (and claims it has
the name of the host-machine) so nearly all services that need the hostname
don't run (i.e. apache) and none of the services that should run on startup
is running.

I can't try to stop all 14 vservers that are running (production system) so I
don't know how they'd behave all at once.

Does anybody have any idea that could help me?

Thank you in advance

Alexander Goeres

lieblinxNET
     we do software