From: Martin List-Petersen (martin_at_list-petersen.dk)
Date: Fri 25 Jul 2003 - 09:06:50 BST

Quoting Jacques Gelinas:

I have uploaded the ctx-17a kernel. This is a 2.4.21ctx-17 with a very little
modification: Intelligent source address selection for multi-IP vservers.
(Well, intelligent is a marketing trick, the real word should be "correct" or
 "appropriate" since the previous kernel were not up to the task).

Mostly, for a multi-IP vserver, the source address of an outgoing is selected
using the routing table. The previous ctx kernel were always selecting the
first IP assigned to the vserver. Now vserver are matching standard kernel
for this behavior.

You need vserver-0.23 to make use of this. vserver-0.23 works with older kernel
and older vserver package won't operate at all with this kernel.

This is a snapshot. ctx-18 should be coming with new things, including the
chrootsafe system call. vserver 0.23 already support chrootsafe, but not
ctx-17a. So it will complain, but step back and use chroot instead.

Testers welcome.

--- end quoting ---

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot dk

--
BOFH excuse #108:

The air conditioning water supply pipe ruptured over the machine room

Citat Dariush Pietrzak <eyck_at_ghost.anime.pl>:

> > I decided to make ctx17 and ctx17a patches until > what is the difference between ctx17 and ctx17a? > > -- > Mayoi komuno wa Usuyami no sekai, Dariush Pietrzak > Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294 05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9 >

Generated on Fri 25 Jul 2003 - 09:41:42 BST by hypermail 2.1.3