From: Martin List-Petersen (martin_at_list-petersen.dk)
Date: Fri 25 Jul 2003 - 12:06:59 BST

Citat Herbert Pötzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>:

> On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 10:24:14AM +0200, Martin List-Petersen wrote:
> > Damn you are fast.
>
> right! *grin*
>
> > I've just compiled 2.4.22-pre7 with the following addons:
> > - ctx17a
> > - acpi20030714
>
> hmm... good point ;)
> was so excited that my Dual AMD now has a
> working APIC, that I didn't look for
> new ACPI patches ...

:o)

> > - custom DSDT table patch
>
> this _is_ system specific, isn't it?

It's a small patch, that allows to incorporate a system specific DSDT without
recompiling the kernel. The DSDT table is loaded instead of the initrd file or
appended to the initrd file. ACPI will look for it or, if not found, use the
default.

Makes it easier to update the DSDT table without recompiling.

> > - creative soundblaster audigy drivers
> > - broadcom bcm5705 drivers
> > - freeswan 2.01
>
> does this actually work as expected, or is
> this an ongoing project?

Audigy driver works, Broadcom driver works (and is needed for the newer
chipsets). IPSec implementation i have to test, so that's untested.

> > Jaques:
> >
> > I've had problems compiling the 0.23 utils. It came up with an
> > vutil.o(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'.
> > Seems like it tries to compile vutil.o with gcc on Debian.
>
> well, the Makefile states gcc explicitely for
> almost each dependancy, so I guess Jacques has
> no faith in defaults ...
>
> > Replacing all gcc calls incorporating vutil.o in the Makefile
> > with g++ fixed my problem.
> >
> > Is this intended or what compiler are you using ?
>
> but I haven't had any problem with that, maybe
> because I'm not using 3.x.x gcc yet?

Hmm .. i can try to check, what version i'm using. Usually 2.95, since other
stuff also complains about 3.x

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot dk