From: Herbert Pötzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 25 Jul 2003 - 12:00:13 BST

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 10:24:14AM +0200, Martin List-Petersen wrote:
> Damn you are fast.

right! *grin*

> I've just compiled 2.4.22-pre7 with the following addons:
> - ctx17a
> - acpi20030714

hmm... good point ;)
was so excited that my Dual AMD now has a
working APIC, that I didn't look for
new ACPI patches ...

> - custom DSDT table patch

this _is_ system specific, isn't it?

> - creative soundblaster audigy drivers
> - broadcom bcm5705 drivers
> - freeswan 2.01

does this actually work as expected, or is
this an ongoing project?

> There is also a version w/o ipsec. If somebody is interested
> in the kernel for Debian, i've prepared Debian packages, however,
> you should fetch the source packages and recompile it for your
> needs, because the image is purely optimized for AMD Athlon MP.

> Packages are here:
> ftp://debian.marlow.dk/dists/woody/kernel/pool/loke_-_Tyan_AMD_MP/
>
> To get ctx17a running, you will need the vserver 0.23 utils.
> Ola:
>
> How far are you with packaging these ?
> Jaques:
>
> I've had problems compiling the 0.23 utils. It came up with an
> vutil.o(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'.
> Seems like it tries to compile vutil.o with gcc on Debian.

well, the Makefile states gcc explicitely for
almost each dependancy, so I guess Jacques has
no faith in defaults ...

> Replacing all gcc calls incorporating vutil.o in the Makefile
> with g++ fixed my problem.
>
> Is this intended or what compiler are you using ?

but I haven't had any problem with that, maybe
because I'm not using 3.x.x gcc yet?