From: Herbert Pötzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 30 Jul 2003 - 19:20:08 BST

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 10:15:10AM -0700, Dan Hrabarchuk wrote:
> Quick question for you.
>
> I'm having a devil of a time getting usermode nfs working properly in a
> vserver.

hmm, are there some setups/tools/references, or just log
files, documenting the behaviour ...

> It works *sometimes* but normally I get an entry in /var/log/messages
> that that an authenticated request was made from my client on the
> vserver. But the client simply hangs when mounting. Are there any
> special conf details to this? The parent server is running portmap, but
> in an chiproot jail. rpcinfo -p reports that the nfs service is
> available on the vserver from the client.

as usual, I would suspect a faulty/incomplete routing
setup, which works, if the arp table is 'aware' ...

> What about running a usermode nfs server on multiple vservers on the
> same machine. Any known issues?

> Thanks
> Dan

PS: welcome to vserver development ;)

Generated on Wed 30 Jul 2003 - 19:53:34 BST by hypermail 2.1.3