From: Matthias Brandt (matzeike_at_yahoo.de)
Date: Thu 31 Jul 2003 - 11:54:44 BST

 --- Girts <baobabs_at_sveiks.lv> schrieb: >

> 1) How many virtual servers can we run on one box
> (let's say dual
> PIII-800, 1.5 GB)? Each vserver would run
> apache+php, proftpd, sshd, mysqld.

I have on an 400Mhz with 64 MB 5 vservers installed.
Each running Apache+PHP+FTP+MySqld+sshd without any
problems.
Hope thats a hint for you.

> 2) Is the "fair" scheduler implemented? The FAQ
> seems to say so.

Don´t know, sorry

> 3) What are other things we should consider?

Is your harddrive big enough ?
Every vserver needs his own Linux installation

> 4) Is VServer suited for this kind of thing? Are
> there any alternatives?

Alternatives are UserModeLinux or FAUMachine

kind regards

Matthias Brandt