From: Herbert Pötzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 31 Jul 2003 - 19:25:57 BST

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 06:19:58PM +0200, Enrico Scholz wrote:
> Herbert Pötzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at> writes:
>
> > [... C implementation of vserver + automake buildsystem ..]
> > why don't you start a rewrite of the tool package ...
> > I am willing to test the functionality ...
>
> Ok; a first try is available at
>
> http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~ensc/vserver/vserverx-0.23.tar.bz2

Mandrake 8.2, gcc-2.96-0.76mdk

src/parserpmdump.c: In function `main':
src/parserpmdump.c:39: warning: unsigned int format, int arg (arg 3)
src/chbind.c: In function `main':
src/chbind.c:125: warning: ISO C89 forbids variable-size array `tmpopt'
src/rebootmgr.c: In function `main':
src/rebootmgr.c:156: warning: ISO C89 forbids variable-size array `handles'
src/vserver-stat.c: In function `get_process_info':
src/vserver-stat.c:436: warning: long unsigned int format, long int arg (arg 3)
src/vserver-stat.c:436: warning: long unsigned int format, long int arg (arg 4)
src/vserver-stat.c:436: warning: long unsigned int format, long int arg (arg 7)
src/vserver-stat.c:436: warning: long unsigned int format, long int arg (arg 8)

now testing functionality, will report later ...

> Large parts (but not all) were C'ified (C99 compiler prefered, but gcc
> 2.95 works too). The new buildsystem required some structural changes
> (*.cc -> *.c renamings, new directories, ...) so there is not very much
> common with the original vserver-0.23 package on the first glance.
>
> But the C++ -> C transition itself was mainly the removal of 'extern
> "C"' and the rearrangement of variable declarations.
>
> Else, I have not changed the functionality and the only improvement
> is a 'libvserver.a' library which provides the syscall-wrappers. To
> avoid conflicts, there should be chosen more unique names but to keep
> compatibility I am using the old ones (e.g. 'has_chrootsafe()').
>
> Enrico

Generated on Thu 31 Jul 2003 - 19:39:50 BST by hypermail 2.1.3