From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Thu 31 Jul 2003 - 19:45:05 BST

Herbert Pötzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at> writes:

>> http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~ensc/vserver/vserverx-0.23.tar.bz2
>
> Mandrake 8.2, gcc-2.96-0.76mdk
>
> src/parserpmdump.c: In function `main':
> src/parserpmdump.c:39: warning: unsigned int format, int arg (arg 3)
> src/chbind.c: In function `main':
> src/chbind.c:125: warning: ISO C89 forbids variable-size array `tmpopt'
> src/rebootmgr.c: In function `main':
> src/rebootmgr.c:156: warning: ISO C89 forbids variable-size array `handles'
> src/vserver-stat.c: In function `get_process_info':
> src/vserver-stat.c:436: warning: long unsigned int format, long int arg (arg 3)
> src/vserver-stat.c:436: warning: long unsigned int format, long int arg (arg 4)
> src/vserver-stat.c:436: warning: long unsigned int format, long int arg (arg 7)
> src/vserver-stat.c:436: warning: long unsigned int format, long int arg (arg 8)

When using the pedantic compilerflags with the original vserver-0.23,
you will see the same warnings; the format-errors can/should be fixed
but the variable-sized arrays can not be prevented and are valid code in
C99.

I have not fixed the format-errors because I wanted a nearly 1:1
transition of the original tools and do not have the infrastructure
yet, to track such fixes.

Enrico

Generated on Thu 31 Jul 2003 - 20:00:20 BST by hypermail 2.1.3