From: Martin List-Petersen (martin_at_list-petersen.dk)
Date: Sat 09 Aug 2003 - 08:56:30 BST

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 00:48, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Martin List-Petersen wrote:
>
> > It's no problem to symlink /vservers to somewhere else. Just remember to "chmod
> > 000" that directory.
>
> Well I had no luck trying this. I'll give it more attention when they are
> no angry villagers with pitch-forks coming after me. If it would have
> worked (I had thought of this before posting) I could have saved several
> hours. Ended up doing all kinds of strange things. Deleting and globbing
> several partitions, moving files, re-mounting partitions at new locations.

Seems weird. Actually, what i do is symlinking the vservers directories,
not the /vservers directory, because i only have a few of them on
different locations.

I'm on Debian here and of course i use the packages provided by Ola,
where the path for /vservers can be changed as a configuration option.
So on Debian the default path is /var/lib/vservers and not /vservers and
can be changed to anything else.

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot dk

--
... I want to perform cranial activities with Tuesday Weld!!