From: Herbert Pötzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 21 Aug 2003 - 03:47:32 BST

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 03:46:33PM -0400, Matt Ayres wrote:
> Yes, a new release would be welcomed. It's been a while...
>
> What new features can we expect? If work is diminishing maybe we should
> let more of the side project developers into the project? Create a CVS
> tree, have development and stable branches, and a core team of
> developers. I would imagine if Jaques, Alexey, Herbert, Sam, Paul, etc
> could all work with the same CVS tree development would be more
> centralized and quicker.

or total mayhem ...

don't get me wrong, but I'm absolutely sure that
a common codebase where each of us will add/change
whatever we consider good and advantageous, would
result in fast oscilating code (add feature A, add
feature B, remove feature A, remove feature B ...)

on the other hand, it would be _very_ beneficial,
if all vserver developer could meet and/or talk
on irc or have some feature discussion via this
list (or maybe a separate vserver-developer list)

I'm always open for discussions, as long as they
are reasonable and non-religious ...