From: Peter Choynowski (pkc_at_scs.carleton.ca)
Date: Wed 27 Aug 2003 - 20:26:48 BST

I have done more searches and see that this issues has been talked about
( my early search missed it ) - sadly the proposed solution ie.
re-compile and running as root is not workable me - these days I find
that when running a large network of computers keeping track of all the
problems, etc becomes a major pain, and with services like up2date from
RedHat is the way go to. I like to stick to rpms shipped by RedHat and
updates from them as problems are fund - I hope someone has been able
to solve this issue and there is a way of running bind 9 from RH8.0
inside vserver with no recompile.

For now I will do the regular thing, and build a minimal chroot env.
just with files needed by bind 9 ( about 5MB in total ).

Thanks,
Peter

Generated on Wed 27 Aug 2003 - 20:59:33 BST by hypermail 2.1.3