From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 10 Sep 2003 - 18:09:42 BST

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 03:53:25PM +0300, Girts wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Sorry for asking this question again, but we want to start providing
> virtual hosting services using vserver and we would like to know, which
> version is currently considered "stable enough" for production use.

stable enough, guess so ... (just my opinion)

> What we want is:
> 1) cpu scheduling priority based on context,
> 2) memory limit for context,
> 3) disk limit for context.
>
> As I understand 1) is implemented, 2) is being currently tested. What
> about 3) ?
>
> So currently it looks like I will use "patch-2.4.22-ctx17a.diff.bz2"
> from 13thfloor.at and recompile the appropriate tools from Debian source
> package for stable.

have a look at
http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/patches-2.4.22-c17/
maybe you would like to use some other patches/fixes ...

> Then, when 2) and probably per context quotas are implemented, at some
> point we would migrate the vservers to new version.

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Linux2.6/index.php?page=Per+Context+Disk+Limits
http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Linux2.6/index.php?page=Per+Context+Quota

guess there will be a 'final' release in the next
two weeks ...

> Am I on the right track?

hopefully 8-)

> Best regards,
> Girts

Generated on Wed 10 Sep 2003 - 18:35:27 BST by hypermail 2.1.3