From: Andreas Scholz (sc_at_optomed.de)
Date: Thu 18 Sep 2003 - 13:34:01 BST

Hello,

i´m thinkin of putting my answering machine server [1] into vserver..

we are planning to buy some IBM xSeries Box and i am trying to
find a nice setup...(later on 3 seperate Servers should run on this IBM)

i would like to know wether SuSE 8.2 and/or capidrivers are running
in a vserver [2], and at this time i´m not sure what host OS i should use,
debian or SuSE?

Please point out restrictions that could occur regarding capabilities
etc, Services i´m running are:

Server 1 SuSE 7.3 - should be updated to SuSE Linux Standart Server
-Samba - i think no probs..
-Virus scan with dazuko(KernelModule) - how running in vserver ?
-dhcpd - no problems...

Server2 Debian woody r1:
-squid - no probs too..
-bind - caching only - no probs ?

Server3 SuSe 8.2:
-capisuite...i dont know
-Postfix

thank you for any hints, thank you for your time - Andreas

[1] capisuite -based, AVM C4 Card, SuSE 8.2, Postfix needed
[2] i tested vserver 0.22 on debian woody with both SuSE and
Woody ververs, but didn´t followed the development since 0.22

Generated on Thu 18 Sep 2003 - 14:02:47 BST by hypermail 2.1.3