From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 18 Sep 2003 - 13:53:23 BST

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 02:34:01PM +0200, Andreas Scholz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i´m thinkin of putting my answering machine server [1] into vserver..
>
> we are planning to buy some IBM xSeries Box and i am trying to
> find a nice setup...(later on 3 seperate Servers should run on this IBM)
>
> i would like to know wether SuSE 8.2 and/or capidrivers are running
> in a vserver [2], and at this time i´m not sure what host OS i should use,
> debian or SuSE?

you will have to add the required devices to
the device tree of the vserver, and depending
on the communication (probably CAPI will do
without additional capabilities) CAP_NET*

> Please point out restrictions that could occur regarding capabilities
> etc, Services i´m running are:
>
> Server 1 SuSE 7.3 - should be updated to SuSE Linux Standart Server
> -Samba - i think no probs..

server or client?

> -Virus scan with dazuko(KernelModule) - how running in vserver ?

you'll have to load it on the physical host
(same is true for the ISDN/POTS drivers)

> -dhcpd - no problems...
>
> Server2 Debian woody r1:
> -squid - no probs too..
> -bind - caching only - no probs ?

you'll have to modify bind, but it will work ...

> Server3 SuSe 8.2:
> -capisuite...i dont know
> -Postfix

works without any issues ...

> thank you for any hints, thank you for your time - Andreas
>
> [1] capisuite -based, AVM C4 Card, SuSE 8.2, Postfix needed
> [2] i tested vserver 0.22 on debian woody with both SuSE and
> Woody ververs, but didn´t followed the development since 0.22

0.23 and ctx17a on kernel 2.4.22 would be a good
choice ...

Generated on Thu 18 Sep 2003 - 14:18:33 BST by hypermail 2.1.3