From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 07 Oct 2003 - 22:29:18 BST

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 01:06:03PM +0200, klaus oblasser wrote:

> Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> >> doesn't mather, the .net is also planed for ctx-vserver things.
> > hmm, what are ctx-vserver things? please elaborate?
>
> projects around the ctx-vserver.
>
> z.b.:
> *) tuxlinux.org:
> server with vservers & clustering with openmosix.
>
> *) vserver-webfrontends with controll over all vserver-slaves
> (stop/start/trafficaccounting/...)
>
> *) routing in vserver with zebra
> *) ...

well we would be glad to have links and info/docu
on those related projects on the "linux-vserver project pages"

> ( our "business" is hosted only on vserver-machines. )

this will definitely entitle you to get a
linux-vserver.com entry and probably a sub domain
<yourcompany>.linux-vserver.com as well as all the
other companies working with vservers (if this idea
and the concept behind it is considered useful by the
vserver community, which of course, includes you!)

> >> i did not know that herbert "will" have full-controll of the
> >> nameservers of both domains.
>
> > not me, the project ... (just for the moment I'm
> > doing the nameservices, and jacques provides the
> > vserver space ...)
>
> "who" _is_ the project ?

As I see this project as a community project,
everybody working/helping/coding/improving linux
vserver development is the foundation of this
project (which was started by Jacques Gelinas)
was passed on to and is now 'officially' led by
me (as long as I can handle it ;)

> only herbert & jacques ?

the major protagonists are Jack G, Alex L,
Enrico S, Rik v. R and myself, but the project
include many testers and users not explicitely
mentioned here as well as former developers and
vserver veterans like Paul S ...

> ok, not the question.
>
> state:
> whois updated, detail-infos per mail to herbert.

okay, probably it all was some kind of misunderstanding/
miscommunication, and I fear this mail will raise more
questions which demand further answers I just don't have
after what? a week ...

my apologies anyway, I know that I probably hurt
your feelings, but as much as I'm trying to make many
friends, as fierce I will defend this project .. maybe
you can understand ...

PS: I hope this is the beginning of a good cooperation
and not the end of a short loose friendship :-/ ...