From: Lucian Daniel Kafka (luci_at_conexim.com.au)
Date: Sat 11 Oct 2003 - 12:48:02 BST

At 05:16 PM 10/11/03, you wrote:
>On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 12:11:02AM -0400, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> > Hey all, I'm fiddling around with some graphic design for
> linux-vserver.org.
> >

> > Here's something I've pulled out of my hat.
> > http://newz.gotdns.com/vserver-copy.jpg

Depends what this logo will be used for. If this is for advertising/print
media/stationary, the image is too complex and heavy.

In my opinion a logo should be simple, meaningful, with as few colors as
possible and easy to resize (well viewed in any size, even small).
Distinctive is also an important feature for branding and the sticky factor.

If you want to work around the penguin, how about virtualizing its image?
Not that I'm sure what that means - perhaps a simple penguin sketch like
the Java coffee cup.

Kind regards,

Lucian Kafka
www.conexim.com.au

Generated on Sat 11 Oct 2003 - 13:15:26 BST by hypermail 2.1.3