From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 07 Nov 2003 - 18:34:37 GMT

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 06:25:15PM +0000, Lyn St George wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 19:09:19 +0100, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 04:50:07PM +0000, Lyn St George wrote:
> >> Hi all
> >>
> >> Just to verify which stable release plus tools I should be using to
> >> replace a 2.4.18ctx-12 kernel with:
> >>
> >> patch-2.4.22-vs1.00
> >> vserver-0.26 tools
> >
> >make sure to update the ULIMIT='-H' to '-HS', but yes
> >they should work as expected (plus some features added
> >since ctx12 ;)
>
> Thanks for that warning Herbert. One more question: would it be
> possible to use the old vserver-0.18 toolset on the vs1.00

no, they won't work, but you could get away with an almost
working setup, if you only replace the chcontext and chbind
executables with the newer version, and keep your old scripts
(no guarantee on that, though ...)

> patched kernel? The reason I ask is that I modified those tools
> to build a vserver from 2 skels (one with hard links, the other with
> plain copies) and while I will modify the new ones I now find myself
> in a hurry to fix a server crash caused by an old bug in ctx12.

> If you can't find a definitive answer off the top of your head
> then I'll just go ahead and modify the new tools.

maybe a diff between the 0.18 original and your tools, would
still apply to the newer 0.26 tools ... (with some help ;)

by the way, what modifications did you do?