From: Petar (petar_at_escape.net.au)
Date: Sat 08 Nov 2003 - 14:57:42 GMT

Hello All,

Being a bit of a novice I thought I would ask before blundering in
on a new server build to test this Vserver stuff.

Is a pre-built RH 8.0 rpm kernel available that will also support the
Pentium 4 Hyperthreading technology or must I download and build from
source? Any tricks I might need to know as far as config parameters
to get his working in this config? Does this fall under the SMP
specs in the kernel or is HT support built into the standard kernel?

Intel 865GBF motherboard + P4 2.6/800FSB HT CPU

I'm aware Intel have a driver for the PRO/1000 nic that is built-in
and it needs at least a 2.4.18 kernel so guessing it would behave
on a later 2.4.x

Cheers

..Petar