From: Petar (petar_at_escape.net.au)
Date: Mon 10 Nov 2003 - 14:57:48 GMT

I wimped out and installed a basic RH9 install on the box to check
the native HT support which works well. The box has 2.4.20-8
kernel and boots the SMP variant by default.

Is there a kernel patch for this stock version that I could use or
must I use a later version? If so, where does it live?

Anyone aware of a readme that will take me through the kernel
patching process (many years of Windows machine but only months
of linux time so still learning)?

I had a look on linux-vserver.org but either I'm blind (probably)
or the info is buried deep and out of sight.

I have the intel e1000 nic drivers installed so at least the box
can talk to the world.

If I can get this working I will ask questions about how to put my
workflow process to operating up on a page somewhere for other
novices to follow. I have the advantage of really doing most of
this for the first time which can make for lots of detail for others :-)

..Petar