From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 11 Nov 2003 - 11:00:54 GMT

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 02:51:03AM -0500, Allen Parker wrote:
> While I'm at it, any clue why I keep getting a ton of this? Did I miss
> something perhaps? The hwclock means I have to go hack on the vservers, of
> course... but what's up with the other stuff? Is it a problem with how I've
> got the vservers setup internally?

well you vserver tries to do things which only the host
should do, so they will (for security and other reasons)
be denied (you don't want your system to shut down, when
the vserver issues a halt/reboot, do you?) so you have two

 1) remove that crap from the runlevel scripts/setup
 2) allow your vserver to access the hardware and screw
    up your host system ;)

HTH,
Herbert

> Stopping the virtual server coder
> Server coder is running
> ipv4root is now 63.208.156.253
> New security context is 100
> Stopping sshd: [ OK ]
> Stopping postfix: [ OK ]
> Starting killall: [ OK ]
> Sending all processes the TERM signal... [ OK ]
> Sending all processes the KILL signal... [ OK ]
> Syncing hardware clock to system time hwclock is unable to get I/O port
> access: the iopl(3) call failed.

direct hardware clock access (denied)

> [FAILED]
> Turning off swap: Not superuser.

removing your swap files (denied)

> [FAILED]
> Turning off quotas: [ OK ]
> Unmounting file systems: umount2: No such file or directory
> umount: /vservers/odd/proc: not found
> umount2: No such file or directory
> umount: /vservers/john/proc: not found
> umount2: No such file or directory
> umount: /vservers: not found
> umount2: Invalid argument
> umount: /var: not mounted
> umount2: Invalid argument
> umount: /home: not mounted

unmounting your partitions from inside the vserver (denied)