From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 18 Nov 2003 - 14:31:13 GMT

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 12:10:46AM +1100, Charles Dale wrote:
> Hi Everyone,

Hi Chuck!

> The recent Christmas joviality spurred me into some doc writing. I started a
> bit of reorganisation at good ol' linux-vserver.org.

don't let anybody stop you from doing this ;)
thanks for the help, we appreciate it ...

> I've created a Step-by-Step Guide. It's rather malnourished at the moment
> (no it's not as simple as it might seem!), but remember that, unlike at the
> zoo, you're welcome to feed it:
> http://www.linux-vserver.org/index.php?page=Step-by-Step+Guide
>
> Also I've added a News section to the main page. It would be nice if this
> could not take up so much page real estate but the Wiki isn't so flexible on
> layout.

I've added two features to the wiki layout system,
which might aid you in 'improving' some stuff ...

%%this is a small text%%
and
*||this||is||
*||an invisible||table||

well, it's not much, but it might help ...
(maybe we should switch to another wiki, if the
layout seems important to the community ;)

> Also I've created an "Examples" page. This is where you can help! Please add
> details of how _you_ use vservers - VDS/security/backup/coffee/whatever:
> http://www.linux-vserver.org/index.php?page=Examples
>
> This will hopefully get people excited about the various possibilities.
>
> In terms of site organisation I think we should aim towards a 3-way split:
>
> 1. Users - New
> 2. - Current
> 3. Developers
>
> New users need:
>
> * Project overview (quick introduction)
> * Examples of vservers in action
> * Step-by-Step VServer Setup Guide (goes through everything required to get
> a functioning vserver)
> * Links to getting further help
>
> Users need:
>
> * Release news, changelogs, download links
> * Links/documentation on extra features like per-context quota & disk limits
> * Man pages for the tools (or not?)
> * Explanation of the vserver patch (maybe this is for developers)
>
> Developers need:
>
> (everything that users need, plus:)
> * Their own area to discuss stuff (Syscall switch, todo lists).
> * I don't know, I'm not a developer!
>
> Most of these elements are coming together. We need to (1) fill out the
> current docs, then (2) fit everything together nice and cleanly.
>
> That's enough for tonight, goodnight!
> Chuck =)

thanks again,