From: Charles Dale (bug_at_aphid.net)
Date: Sun 30 Nov 2003 - 13:43:45 GMT

1. include/linux/sys.h: vanilla 2.4.21 had
  #define NR_syscalls 270

  but RHEL 2.4.21 has

  #define NR_syscalls 271

  So should I make NR_syscalls now 274 or 275?

2. include/linux/sched.h: any ideas what to do with this hunk (following)?
There's nothing even vaguely like it that I can see.
***************
*** 956,961 ****
                out_of_line_bug();
        write_lock_irq(&tasklist_lock);
        nr_threads--;
        unhash_pid(p);
        REMOVE_LINKS(p);
        list_del(&p->thread_group);
--- 968,975 ----
                out_of_line_bug();
        write_lock_irq(&tasklist_lock);
        nr_threads--;
+ if (p->s_info)
+ p->s_info->nr_threads--;
        unhash_pid(p);
        REMOVE_LINKS(p);
        list_del(&p->thread_group);

3. forget_original_parent in exit.c seems to have changed completely - looks
like the vanilla 2.4.21 used a read_lock while the RH one uses
list_for_each_safe which I assume locks as it goes. But that means there's
nowhere left to put the additional bit from the vserver patch (not sure what
it does exactly, it tries to find a new parent for vchild_reaper I think).

Boy I'm tired, that's way too much kernel hacking in one day for me. 10
rejects down, 20 to go... Any help appreciated.

BTW, there are 266 patches applied inside the RHEL3 kernel SRPM... Grr.

Have a good day =)
Chuck