From: Holger Rabbach (hrabbach_at_crossroad-networks.com)
Date: Tue 02 Dec 2003 - 22:38:40 GMT

Hi,

>I know that you mentioned bind specifically... But we also looked at
>PowerDNS, and while we liked the functionality... We were really
>concerned with how well a DNS that serves directly from a database
>(MySQL) would scale and maintain the level of uptime we desired. (Not to
>take anything away from PowerDNS, I hear it is a good dns server.)

in my experience, it's very stable. I've been running it with about 400
Domains as both primary and secondary DNS. Today I actually restarted the
primary DNS for the first time in more than 4 months, and that was due to a
configuration change to the vserver. I do admit, though, that the MySQL
it's using is highly performance optimized and has about 1GB of memory to
play with at all times, so I don't know what it would be like with a small
MySQL installation...

Holger

--
Crossroad Networks Holger Rabbach