From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 10 Dec 2003 - 22:32:54 GMT

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 10:13:51AM -0800, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

Hi Rod!

> I'm using Jacques vserver utilities and after a rather 'interesting'
> hardware failure (I seem to be a magnet for these :-) that included an
> upgrade of the ctx kernel (2.4.21ctx-17c) and vserver 0.28 I can't get
> v_sshd to work correctly or rather like it does in my earlier installs.

hmm upgrade to 2.4.21ctx-17c? have a look at the
changelog http://www.linux-vserver.org/index.php?page=ChangeLog
to see where ctx-17c is (in history)

> It appears there is a brand new directory and attendent config files but I
> can't find any documentation on what can/needs to go inside them
> (/etc/vservices/$SERVICE.conf).

this is a very old feature, as a matter of fact, it
was present in version 0.16

from the changelog at solucorp
-----
v services all supporting /etc/vservices/*.conf configuration

    All the /etc/init.d/v_xxx services are now completed and
    use the optional /etc/vservices/xxx.conf file.
    This file provides the IP number to use to bind the service.
    By default, the service is bound to eth0. Using the optional
    file, you bind it to whatever you want

    For example:

        IP=eth1
        IP=192.168.1.1

> I do get an error when I run v_sshd but don't want to try it on the
> running server right now so I can provide that.

well, I guess _something_ is wrong ...

HTH,
Herbert